Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Dog "Ate" My CAD

My last post reminded me of a time when a business friend, Ward, and I spent several days in a volley of polysyllabic words that end in “ate”. You know, negotiate, facilitate, innovate, etc. Much to the annoyance of our coworkers (my apologies to Steve and Skip), we would verbally launch these terms back and forth throughout the day: masticate, infuriate, obliterate, retaliate, etc. Sometimes we would build on each other’s latest assault: negotiate, renegotiate, etc. The battle waned, and so did the day. I must admit that my ammunition was running low, and probably my blood sugar was as well, as evidenced in the feeble shot that became my favorite term in the battle: “dinner plate”.

So, what’s the point of this post? Exercise your mind (and don’t forget to stop and take time to eat).

No comments: